Counsellor/advocate Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (Ecasa)
Counsellor / Advocate
- Grade 2 Social Worker or Psychologist
- Permanent Part Time 0.8 position 60.80 hours/fortnight
- Join Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (ECASA)
Eastern Health is the largest public health provider in the eastern suburbs, providing a comprehensive range of high quality services across the continuum of care. We pride ourselves on being a great place to learn and work, offering diverse and engaging career opportunities, continued professional development and salary packaging.
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced Social Worker or Psychologist to provide counselling and advocacy services to adults, young people/ children who have experienced sexual assault. Reporting to the ECASA Manager, this rewarding role is responsible for the provision of individual counselling services as well as group work, consultation and professional and community education programs.
You would be part of a supportive, experienced and hardworking team and be well supported through our clinical supervision and professional development program.
The role is based primarily at our Ringwood East site, but the successful candidate may also be required to provide some outreach services across the eastern metropolitan region. The position may also include intake as well as after-hours on-call duties.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work or Psychology
- At least 5 years of work experience in the area of sexual assault and/or family violence or mental health, with an understanding of trauma assessment and treatment and trauma-informed collaborative practice
- An understanding of the dynamics and impact of sexual assault related to adults and young people/children
- Group-work, consultation and program delivery experience to clients and professionals
- Experience working with children and adolescents would be viewed favourably
- Be respectful, compassionate, innovative and reflective with a passion for making a difference in the lives of those impacted by sexual assault
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and open to learning in your practice
- A strong commitment to high quality care
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
Please address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description.
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: